Attract more customers to your website The content of your website: calls-to-action
The content of your website: Calls-to-action, preferably on every web page
A call-to-action is an incentive aimed at visitors to immediately do ‘something’.
- With a little motivation, visitors are inclined to take action a lot faster, call it human nature.
- A website merely presenting business information vs a website inviting to take action: research shows internet users are more appreciative of the latter.
Calls-to-action contribute the most to conversion: visitors do not simply absorb information, they also use it, they take action. Calls-to-action really make your website interactive.
Often the result of a call-to-action can be measured: ‘Download the DustBuster vacuum cleaner manual here’ takes visitors to a different page. Web statistics reflect how many visitors that page received, or, how successful the call-to-action was.
A call-to-action presented as a button is fairly efficient, the text used should be clear and to the point. A button can be given a contrasting colour, with a text in a slightly larger font, which will make it stand out even more.
Examples of calls-to-action:
- Send this page to a friend
- See all our promotions
- Don’t have an account? Register here for free and order on line!
- No more problems parking your car: apply on line for a parking card and visit our store carefree.
- Read more about the new Thumbelina Cookbook Series
- Receive a free monthly e-marking tip –> – your e-mail address –
- Download a checklist for your new website here
- Be the first to review the new Imaginary Instruments air guitar.
- Consult our Facebook-page for last-minute information on our promotions.
- And the ‘all-time favourite’: Order now and receive a free gift!
Next blog post: the content of your website: keep it up-to-date